The essence of Hawaii came to the shores of beautiful Tempe Town Lake!
On Saturday April 12 2014, Outrigger adult and keiki (children) teams from California, Nevada and Arizona competed in a full day of outrigger sprints in six-man canoes and nearly 75 stand up paddleboarders raced in a 3 different races.
On behalf of the TTLOCA Board of Directors, a Big Mahalo (thank you) to
- crews from Na Koa Kai, Offshore, Lake Havasu, Las Vegas for supporting our event and making the trek to join the local teams: Na Leo O Ke Kai, Team Arizona and Arizona Dry Heat!
- Uncle Gus Cervantes from Na Koa Kai for teaching us the fine art of traditionally rigging a canoe
- NoSnow StandUp Paddleboards for putting one of the biggest SUP races in Tempe Town Lake has hosted
- Binal Patel for her tireless and thankless job of organizing our volunteers
- Sean Hall for emceeing our day long event
- Kat McKibben for the blessing ceremonies
- to all of our sponsors for their donations
- to all the paddlers of Na Leo O Ke Kai and Team Arizona who volunteer to put on AND take part in the race events
See our TV coverage of this years event at myfoxphoenix.com